Rick Warren…Why are people wasting their money?

Apparently he just won’t go away.

Rick Warren begged for money on the closing days of 2009, and those poor, brainwashed followers dove into their savings (or added another charge to their credit cards) and gave. This is wrong on so many levels.

Let me start by saying giving is a good thing. We do need to help those who are less fortunate. There are starving people around the world and there is much need to provide clothing, food, shelter, and medicine to those who are not able to provide for themselves. I also feel the money people donate should go directly to the charity of their choice. When it comes to the church who knows where the money goes.

Well we do know when you donate to Pastor Warren’s church he takes 10% off the top for his income leaving the other 90% to run the church and to give back to those in need. Sadly, we don’t really know how much does go to helping others. The church is not required to disclose where the money actually goes. Say like being one of the lead funders for the Yes on Prop. 8 campaign in California?

Of the $2.4 million raised this weekend Warren will take $240,000 for himself. Not bad for two days work. Did you know that $240,000 is the approximate income of 480 people living in Rwanda? I say this because Warren seems to have a fondness for Rwanda. It seems to be an easy target. That is another subject we will delve into in the future.

You may think, “Well he deserves that money”. My question is, of the 10% he brings in does that include his parsonage allowances? Parsonage allowances are “Tax Free” payments, made by the church, that pay for his mortgage, utilities and furnishings. The man is loaded; does he really need that money? Isn’t he only supposed to make enough to provide for his family?

Back to my point. If you want to give- awesome; everybody should give what they can. But you should pay attention to where your money is really going.

Advertisements

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: